With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
· Be part of the technology revolution in Space
· Learn about LEO satellites, User Terminal (UT) architecture, and satellite communications
· Work on the next-generation UT architecture
· Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are:
You’re a passionate and experienced SATCOM/RF engineer who is eager to apply your knowledge and know-how in a cutting-edge LEO environment! You are sparked by a fast pace with new challenges, and the constant opportunity to invent new techniques. You are a collaborative subject matter contributor who is self-motived, creative, and at times disruptive! Because of your ability to build strong relationships, you will work well with the wider Systems Engineering team, the UT delivery team, and the Advanced Technologies team to support technology advancement. You possess superb communication skills with the ability to work across organizational boundaries. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You´ll Do:
The UT SATCOM/RF Systems Engineer will work on the following:
· Creating and maintaining requirements for User Terminals, and the major components within, designed for an LEO Satellite Network with emphasis on the antenna and RF systems therein.
· Supporting the design, assessment and delivery of new UT models and the integration of these new models into the OneWeb system
· Supporting System Integration and Test (SI&T) activities, including participation in pair-wise integration and vendor-initiated test campaigns
· Understanding the OneWeb system end-to-end system design and interfaces, especially those related to the user terminal SATCOM/RF capabilities.
· Active vendor engagement for the definition, design, and verification of the next-generation communications module
· Understand the HW and SW interfaces within the UT and the interfaces that govern the antenna subsystem, the host processor, and the modem.
· Contribute to the development of concept of operations for various vertical segments such as aero, maritime, and land-mobile
· Development and oversight of new design features for the system that encompasses the UT, including requirements development.
What It Takes:
· The ideal candidate will be a senior engineer with a solid foundation in electronics, RF Subsystems, Antennas, Antenna Positioners/Controllers and SATCOM communications with 5+ years of related experience
· Hands-on development experience designing, building, evaluating, and testing SATCOM/RF products and how these products influence SATCOM communications protocols
· Knowledgeable in telecommunications, cellular telephone networks, as well as space-based communications
· Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Physical layer SATCOM/RF, signal processing, digital communications theory
· General background in modern System Engineering methodologies and toolsets
· Experience in requirements management
· Familiarity with MATLAB for executing and modifying system models preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering required. MS/MEng in the same field preferred
Where You’ll Be: London, UK, or Virginia (US) for exceptional candidates.
*No 3rd Party Agencies
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world