Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The NDE Engineering Team develops, applies, improves, and performs all inspection methods to which certified, specific to the manufacturing of Relativity’s orbital class launch vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Perform ET/ECA NDE inspections using novel and advanced techniques
- Evaluate digital ECA data files for quality and accept/reject criteria
- Perform surface NDE inspections with visual and other methods developed for our additive Manufacturing process
- Follow relevant NDE inspection plans and procedures and techniques
- Support development of our inspection and NDE procedures with our Factory Development Teams
What you need to know:
- NDE Level II Certification in Eddy Current Array (ECA) in an aerospace or nuclear setting
- Proof of NDE Classroom Training and Certificates as well as previous certifications per NAS 410 or SNT-TC-1A (be prepared to provide these records prior to onsite interview)
- Experience evaluating ECA data generated in Eddyfi Magnifi software or equivalent platform
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering work instructions and drawings
- Experience creating ECA techniques
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted and stand for extended periods of time
- Open to travel (10% - 25%)
Nice to haves but not required:
- ASNT or NAS-410 NDE Level 3 Certification in ET
- NDE Level 2 Certification in ultrasonics (UTT/UTSW/PAUT), dye penetrant (PT), visual inspection (VT,CWI), Eddy Current (ET, ECA)
- Experience inspecting various materials and geometries
- Knowledge of industry standards (NASA, AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM, etc.)
- Experience with qualification of NDE inspection techniques/procedures in one or more volumetric methods
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The below-range represents Relativity Space’s current good-faith pay scale for this role. Relativity Space reserves the right to modify or update this range at any time.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace/