Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking an Electrical/RF Integration and Test Technician to join our team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly-skilled group of professionals who help build some of the best satellites in the world.
- Set up, adjust, and calibrate standard test apparatus or device test equipment to conduct, functional, operational, and environmental and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype and/or production model satellites per the applicable test procedures.
- Perform spacecraft performance testing of communications, telemetry and command, thermal, power, propulsion and attitude/control subsystems per the applicable procedure. Applies power and configures the spacecraft per the applicable test procedure.
- Use various types of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and Digital Volt Meters, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator and Network Analyzer.
- Operate spacecraft test consoles such as the Payload and Electrical test Racks per applicable test procedures.
- Determine methods & sequences of operations to test components and systems in conformance with published procedures, engineering specs.
- Analyze and interpret electrical/RF test data. Provide diagnostic malfunctions and offer test result feedback to Vehicle and System Engineers.
- Read, understand, and follow Quality policies and ISO directives.
- Write technical reports to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, and deviations from design specifications for engineers review and determination. Responsible for writing detailed pass down, TAR and NCR reports.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Associates degree in electronics or related field. Two additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of satellite integration and test experience or related electrical experience
- Ability to work off shifts as required; willing to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to accommodate travel to support launch base efforts and off-site environmental testing.
- Familiar with windows style PC operating systems
- Strong background in electronics and RF, adhering to procedures and attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to procedures while focusing on attention-to-detail
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with other team members with strong teamwork skills
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:
$32.35 - $53.91 hourly.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.