OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it.
Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic AI&T Project Engineer who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for an energetic and dynamic AI&T Project Engineer who will primarily be responsible for aiding the AI&T team's staging, setting up, assembling of flight hardware and test equipment per technical work instructions and ensure the highest level of quality to support the successful launch of our space station modules. We are looking for an individual who is motivated, passionate about space, and excels at problem solving. The role requires strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, produce, and initiate utilization of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) to support production, assembly, testing and integration of commercial space flight hardware
- Define requirements and specifications for GSE
- Develop and validate procedures, work instructions, and training materials to ensure GSE utilization meets expectations for safety, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Develop design solutions for worksite planning, equipment layouts, material handling, workflow, human factors
- Work with engineering disciplines to ensure compatibility of GSE and associated AI&T processes with subsystems components, structural elements, next-level assemblies.
- Work closely with vendors, Axiom manufacturing staff, procurement, and quality personnel to accelerate availability of resources required to fulfill AI&T functional requirements
- Support development testing, design maturation, fabrication, assembly and acceptance testing for AI&T hardware (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical and Fluids Ground Support Equipment, assembly jigs and fixtures, Test support Equipment, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 10-15 years’ experience, or Master’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in structural and/or mechanical engineering. Aerospace and/or human space flight project experience a plus.
- Experienced with SOLIDWORKS CAD, drawing and Bill of Materials
- Manufacturing and Assembly, Integration and Testing experience a plus
- Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Excellent interpersonal skill
Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
Excellent organizational skills
Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply for This Job