Cleared Senior Accountant
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
BlackSky is seeking a cleared Senior Accountant to support our Albuquerque, NM team. This role is a part-time and hybrid role, with in-person SCIF requirements.
- The candidate will prepare, analyze and reconcile general ledger cash, revenue, and financial statement accounts, on a project level, to identify and resolve discrepancies to ensure data integrity and accurate financial reporting. Work performed should be in accordance with U.S. GAAP and government accounting. Essentially, the position will be performing the day-to-day accounting operations tasks including preparation of accounts receivable, initiating cash payments, posting cash and vouchers, and recording accruals.
- Monitor cash accounts on a daily basis in order to ensure adequate funding levels, researching discrepancies and providing monthly cash reconciliations to the Controller. The resource must be able to independently conduct research and analysis of variances.
- Prepare, research, analyze and reconcile financial data for accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly U.S. GAAP financial reporting, including a statement of cash flows. The resource will prepare the financial information to be reviewed by the Controller in a format that can be uploaded to Deltek Costpoint (i.e.at a project, organization and account level).
- Participate in configuring a separate general and project ledger in separate accounting software that will meet the current and future needs of the secured programs at BlackSky. This setup, when scrubbed, must integrate with the Company’s existing account and project structure in Deltek Costpoint.
- Prepare and recommend revenue recognition treatment to the Controller.
- Adhere to the Company’s existing SOX controls and assist with the quarterly reviews and annual year-end external audit.
- Strong written and verbal communication due to the interaction required to research and investigate unreconciled items, as well as interaction with the cleared program managers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Active CPA.
- Must have expertise in ASC606 and be knowledgeable of the Company’s revenue recognition policy.
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Strong analytical skills along with good judgment.
- Very detail oriented with a high level of independent and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Eagerness to learn and take on any tasks assigned.
- Impeccable ethics with a history of maintaining total confidentiality and discretion of all employee information.
- Business situational awareness.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Deltek Costpoint experience.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf