Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Program Chief Engineer to join our Mission Architecture team supporting mission solutions and architecture development as well as program technical leadership in Palo Alto, CA or Westminster, CO.
In this highly collaborative role, you will lead the development of technical baselines that deliver a range of solutions from subsystems to end-to-end, full lifecycle systems that serve the space missions of our customers. As a key contributor, innovator, and leader on our Mission Architecture team, you will lead cross-functional teams performing architectural design, development oversight, and deployment of system solutions based on customers’ current and future needs.
- Accountable for architecting mission solutions supporting our Civil, National Security Space, and/or Commercial portfolios overseeing mission solutions, customer engagement, and internal coordination.
- Stay abreast of applicable industry trends and technologies. Stay aware of the competitive landscape and the evolving corporate environment. Develop competitive assessments and overall pursuit strategies. Collaborate to develop capture strategies including technical, programmatic, schedule and financial elements. Support pursuit reviews and follow opportunities through all stages.
- Maintain strong customer awareness and develop customer relationships in partnership with program managers. Engage with customers who are very technical and often the world leaders in their science, technology, or exploration domains. Advocate the customer’s critical needs to internal stakeholders.
- Collaboratively lead interdisciplinary teams through advanced, complex technical projects for the design, development, integration and testing of customer solutions, including developing concepts of operation, mission requirements, and system architectures.
- Work directly with Maxar engineering teams to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, and programmatic interfaces.
- Lead internal technical projects and end-to-end engineering activities to meet the company’s strategic growth objectives.
- Provides guidance for the team to assess and provide direction for make/buy decisions and selection of strategic suppliers.
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and leadership to early-career staff on our teams.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance at TS/SCI level
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, physics, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to accommodate some travel to customer centers, workshops, conferences, and business partners to support business activities and relationships (approximately 3-4 days a month)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Understanding of business development processes and an aptitude for matching company capabilities with customer needs
- Ability to work independently
- Previous experience working with or leading bids to U.S. Government customers is especially desirable
- Prior experience in working directly with and formulating solutions for customers
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in the technical leadership of space mission programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of system/mission requirements as well as requirement flow down processes
- Experience in the development of system/mission budgets (mass, power, RF, propulsion, pointing, etc.)
- Systems engineering lifecycle experience and understanding
- Strong background in the satellite/ground/mission development lifecycle covering conceptualization, design, development, integration, test, launch, and operations
- Proficiency in the use of computers, presentation tools, and related IT
- Demonstrated technical acumen and industry knowledge
- Demonstrated presentation and communications abilities, internally and externally facing
The compensation range for this position is $154,000 - $256,000 annually, dependent on skills and experience. This position is also eligible for a bonus and equity plan.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.