Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Proposal Writer & Editor
The ideal proposal writer will have a proven track record of writing and winning proposals for both federal government agencies and commercial customers in the space industry. Government proposal writing experience in the aerospace & defense industry will also be considered.
What you'll get to do:
- Creates the customer response templates according to a company style guide and RFP requirements.
- Manages proposal development from draft solicitation stage through final proposal revisions.
- Writes compliant, compelling, and client-centric narrative aligned to the proposed solution.
- Rewrites technical text as necessary for clarity, readability, and tone.
- Format, proofread, and edit for accuracy, clarity, and readability and RFP compliance.
- Coordinates with technical team to gather and draft technical proposal volumes.
- Takes on writing responsibility increasingly challenging technical proposal sections.
- Enforces internal proposal deadlines and oversees the review and approval processes.
- Creates and maintains compliance matrices for each major effort.
- Incorporates feedback based on reviews to ensure the final narrative is compliant & compelling.
- Identifies, resolves, mitigates, and escalates gaps and risks to management and technical leads when necessary.
- Creates proposal tools and resources to improve the proposal development process.
- Manages a variety of proposals to include launch service, space system, and satellite submittals.
You'll bring these qualifications:
- 4-year degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Business, or relevant technical subject.
- 3+ years of proposal experience
- 3+ years of professional writing and/or editing experience.
- Intermediate/advanced skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) on a PC platform.
These Qualifications would be nice to have:
- Superior project and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively coordinate various levels of SMEs effectively to deliver complicated responses on time.
- Ability to work successfully under time-sensitive deadlines and in fast-paced environments.
- Experience with SharePoint and Salesforce.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple proposals where the process and/or deliverable is nonstandard.
- 3+ years of proposal experience in the aerospace industry.
- An active US government issued Security Clearance.
- Experience supporting Government proposals.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.