Senior Manager, Maritime and Supply Chain Business Development and Sales
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations.
As the Senior Manager of Business Development for Maritime and Supply Chain Sales, you will report to the Senior Director of Business Development, Commercial Sales and ideally sit in Denver/Boulder, Houston or near our Seattle or Washington DC offices.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities with Maritime and supply chain companies and other sectors as required as well as communicating and coordinating business opportunities with key stakeholders within the BlackSky organization. You will also coordinate and execute total solutions to our customers to achieve new sales. There is a special emphasis on sales strategy and new business development in this position. At this time, there are no supervisory requirements, but you are expected to grow your markets and recruit staff as volume increases.
- Simultaneously manage pursuit and capture of new product sales and proofs of concepts through extensive interfacing with commercial customers and prospects in order to achieve set quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Work with internal division technology leaders and key internal stakeholders in the division on sales opportunities setting sales strategy, tactics, proposals, and negotiations for new product solutions as well as coordinating qualified new business capture and sales with commercial companies.
- Lead sales capture efforts for commercial products and new technical solutions for the customer that align to the business growth strategies of the commercial business.
- Lead account and industry penetration strategies to gain additional sales with commercial companies by facilitating contacts to achieve sales objectives.
- Create and sustain commercial pursuits for BlackSky, working with existing Business Development, Account Management, Product and Innovation Team Members.
- Provide accurate quarterly forecasts to management, and monthly forecasts within the current quarter and fiscal year.
- Responsible for market growth and expansion and recruiting the necessary talent to cover the territory as needed.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, math, physics, finance, GIS or an engineering field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the geospatial, data and/or analytics industry.
- At least five (5) years of experience working with commercial customers including maritime, shipping, manufacturing and/or information services.
- Full-cycle direct business development experience with a concentration in technical and/or commercial sales.
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- The ability to create and present top quality presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills as a good time manager and effective multi-tasker.
- Superior complex problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Experience managing opportunity pipeline in Salesforce and/or Zendesk.
- Master’s Degree in engineering/technology field or MBA.
- Experience selling data and analytic products.
- Experience selling AI and ML-driven products.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf