Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 14 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop - join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for an Experienced Software Engineer to support our Mission Control team distributed across Europe but being part of our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Your daily tasks:
- Developing our mission control components currently written in Python, Django, PostgreSQL, React / Typescript.
- Following our agile processes, provide feedback and help to continuously improve them.
- Participating in architecting our future software solutions, creating strong APIs for our microservices.
- Taking ownership of relevant products, gathering feedback from users and creating plans to incorporate it.
- Keeping your development skills up to date with recent trends and best practices.
- Participating in active pair programming sessions. We’re a distributed team therefore this happens over online tools.
You, the ideal candidate:
- Enjoy working in team and have the right mix of getting stuff done and having fun.
- a solid hands-on software engineer and you can show it. You get things done, but also know when to take the time to get the design right.
- Outstanding coding skills in Python and/or Go. Demonstrable interest in learning new software engineering technologies, principles and methods.
- Ability to contribute to front-end development when necessary, React JS knowledge is advantageous.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and experience working in an agile team before.
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines as well as working with containers and orchestration.
- Experience working with software security, microservices, containers, AWS/cloud computing and infrastructure as code will be seen as a great advantage.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space missions coming soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.