A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are a forward-thinking team developing and revolutionizing indirect procurement processes, tools and policies to quickly expand our test and launch site. We are looking for individuals that are entrepreneurial in spirit that can collaborate across all our internal stakeholders and across our test and launch procurement team to achieve the company objectives, and we do so with a sense of urgency. This role will be responsible for developing the sourcing strategy related to fuels/gasses and rocket transport.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute market leading sourcing strategies for all fuel commodities, fuel capital, and marine assets via technical knowledge
- Develop cost models, understand market and industry positions, capabilities, capacity and risk assessment, and total cost ownership considered
- Foster and manage strong relationships with suppliers and industry experts and understand all current global and socioeconomic changes that may affect supply and pricing
- Identify all supply risks and develop a risk mitigation plan that is presented to leadership
- Prepare, issue and analyze RFP packages for one-time projects and ongoing supply & capital requirements for responsible categories across all Relativity sites
- Understand all existing contract obligations and develop go forward plan that increase leverage for Relativity
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects including planning, coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, and project updates
- Negotiate and review all future commitments to understand the relationship between cost vs flexibility for fuels and gas supply
- Consider lease vs buy and make vs buy analysis for all fuel, gas, and marine categories
- Perform advanced quantitative and business process analyses to identify financial impacts of future decisions, cost improvement and performance for marine and offshore operations including shipyard upgrades, chartering services and vessel maintenance across all Relativity locations
- Develop strong relationships with NASA and different Port Authorities
- Understand all line items that are being prefunded to NASA and recommend and drive necessary changes with internal stakeholders as needed
- Responsible for authoring of contract documents with the legal department
- Manage contracts to ensure performance of the supplier to contract obligations
- Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs
- Place purchase orders and resolve blocked invoices to ensure that suppliers are paid timely
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years sourcing experience
- 3+ years’ experience negotiating contract language
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience sourcing Fuel and Gas commodities and familiarity with the Marine Industry
- Experience in sole source risk management
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills
- Remarkable problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders as well as organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The below-range represents Relativity Space’s current good-faith pay scale for this role. Relativity Space reserves the right to modify or update this range at any time.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace