Oversee and provide tactical and strategic Space & Occupancy Planning expertise to manage the supply, capacity, and demand of assigned client’s portfolio of space. Provide occupancy planning, auditing, and data compilation services for strategic planning efforts. Provide project support needed to complete move and reconfiguration projects; ensure each project needs are met in a cost-effective manner consistent with client standards for project scope, design budget and schedule. Responsible to maintain accurate space plans and occupancy data related system and provide reports as required.
Sierra Space—based in Louisville, CO with operations in Madison, WI, Durham, NC, Huntsville, AL, Houston, TX, and Kennedy Space Center, FL—designs and manufactures the Dream Chaser spaceplane and other advanced spacecraft, commercial space destinations, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers, and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space
- Oversee all facility space and personnel move requests within assigned portfolio to maximize space efficiencies, wile implementing solutions in line with Client goals.
- Maintain accurate space plans and occupancy data and provide value added reports Establish & Maintain relationships with various occupants to understand their requirements and the impacts to the portfolio.
- Participate in meetings to report occupancy related issues, requirements, challenges, and opportunities.
- Make ongoing recommendations for cost saving and value-added.
- Develop blocking and stacking diagrams, and re-stack scenarios.
- Participate in project reviews and coordinate meetings as needed.
- Participate in business initiatives and team activities to enhance operational efficiency service delivery and asset utilization.
- Attend kick-off meetings for new real estate acquisitions, major renovation projects and project moves to contribute insight, guidance, and smart, simple solutions in support of occupancy requirements.
- Facilitate communication between client groups, teams, and members
- Respond to work requests in timely basis, and set realistic expectations regarding when OP assessment and solutions can be provided to all internal clients
- Recommend client scope adjustments as needed to meet client milestones, within context of OP workload.
Individual and Group Space Requests
- Create space and or move solutions to address internal client’s occupancy/relocation requests that are aligned with SSC real estate portfolio strategy
- Review and assess business need in relations to guidelines of policy
- Meet and interface with client to develop options
- Outline budget issues, finalize project concepts and prepare final documents to client approval.
- Serve as the primary client contact for relocation requests forwarded to him/her and collaborate with the Facilities team to ensure client needs are met.
- Oversee group moves and moves with special requirements
- Coordinate with relocation managers, immediate team members, move vendors and present solutions to client.
- Provide status updates and reports of relocation requests as requested.
- Organize all data into approved forms for planning and hand off purposes, including planning charts, proposed spreadsheet data and written description of solutions.
Building Audit Program and Office System Updates
- Perform building audit program functions in assigned territories as needed to support special requests
- Office accurately reflects current occupancy and is updated to include new information obtained from site audits, local mechanics, project managers and other valid source.
- Visit assigned sites as needed to establish and maintain working knowledge of facilities.
- Maintain office data that supports development of apace allocation plans.
Workplace Guidelines and Standards
- Educate stakeholders on office and space policies.
- Ensure occupancy planning activities are aligned with corporate guidelines and consistently. propose scenarios that maximize use of space.
- Review, approve and/or make alternate recommendation for reconfiguration requests
- Engage Furniture Coordinator, Workplace Strategist, Relocations Manager and PM as needed for scope and costs.
- Bachelor’s degree and ten years work experience e in 2 or more of the following a) space planning, b) project management, c) facilities operations, and d) facilities planning, in relation to commercial office, manufacturing and/or lab environments.
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a corporate environment.
- A higher-level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to make recommendations
- Possess working knowledge of Occupancy Software, space management systems, and relational database functionality. Possess working knowledge of various office furniture systems. Proficiency in MS office suite software applications.
- Ability to travel 25-30%
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction that that effectively supports day to day business operations by improving relationship and delivering solutions
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to build strong relationships with internal and external partners to deliver effective services. Strong written, oral and presentations skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $104,827.91 - $144,138.38. SNC considers several factors when extending job offers, including but not limited to candidates’ key skills, relevant work experience, and education/training/certifications.
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.