At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering biofarming at scale, boosting production of bioactive compounds and providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. In Space, we provide farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut while accelerating plant research in microgravity.
Job Description and key responsibilities
To help us build functional systems that improve the customer experience, we’re looking for a DevOps engineer who can be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet our customers’ needs. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in software engineering, cloud environment (AWS preferred) and Linux system.
DevOps engineer will work with developers and engineers to ensure that software development follows established processes and works as intended. The DevOps engineer will also help plan projects and be involved in project management decisions.Responsibilities
- Building and implementing new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Perform root cause analysis of production errors and resolve technical issues
- Setup infrastructure observability dashboard
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Master’s degree in software engineering and 2+ years professional experience in software development; OR 6+ years of experience in software development in lieu of a degree
- Significant experience as a DevOps engineer or in a similar software engineering role
- Development experience in Python, C, C++, Go, or Rust
Preferred skills ans experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef) and infrastructure-as-code frameworks (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong background in cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub workflows
- experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, Github Actions, CircleCI)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing)
- Knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing security measures in a DevOps environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, cross-functional setting
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Passionate and curious about space technologies, green technologies, IT and OT world
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
Paris Area (France)