Maxar is seeking a GNC Specialist Production Technician to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, As part of our platform, we are operating in a clean room environment and in a high level of FOD controlled lab. In this role, your day-to-day will be working with a team of technicians to ensure all assigned tasks within Bi-prop and/or EP product lines are followed. Also working closely with engineers (ME/PE), Planner & Quality to ensure processes & paperwork are up to date.
- Support Propulsion System Assembly and Testing
- Provide direct hands-on support to technicians when needed to maintain quality & schedule integrity
- Maintain paperwork, AIMS shop orders, Installation logs
- Detail oriented
- Engage with engineer (ME/PE) to review and approve procedures
- Provide updates and offering input based on improved design for manufacturing concepts or solutions
- Quickly integrate and support a number of high-visibility projects within the section
- Willing to travel to launch base to perform SCAPE loads without restriction
- Support in-house & Launch Base RPT Testing
- Knowledge of test equipment set up and support
- Able to lift 20 lbs. unassisted
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or related field, 5 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Able to read/understanding engineering drawings
- Ability to accommodate some shift work and overtime
- Ability to work on ladders, platforms & man-lifts up to 18 feet high
- A&P license or 2 years of trade school
- Ability to interpret engineering assembly drawings & work to procedure
- Ability to maintain paperwork, including AIMS shop orders & procedures
- Ability to operate cranes & man lifts
- Ability to become certified in ESD Awareness, Contamination Control, Flight Hardware Handling
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:
$30.62 - $51.04 hourly.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.