Technical Programme Manager – Satellite & Network Operations
What you’ll do
As a Technical Programme Manager within Satellite & Network Operations you will play a key role in driving, planning, and executing cross-functional programmes, that enable products and infrastructure.
· Be responsible for the overall management and delivery of multiple projects into Satellite & Network Operations, with a specific focus on the supportability and operability of technical products and services
· Drive planning and execution of multiple projects with a finger-on-pulse approach to risk and issue management
· Work in partnership with other programme and project delivery teams to address dependencies and provide pragmatic alignment of resources and priorities.
· Track progress and provide updates to teams in the Satellite & Network Operations function on any changes in strategy or priorities
· Report to senior executives on the progress of individual projects and the overall programme
· Identify and support the mitigation of programme and project risks and the wider impacts to product and service introduction
What it takes
· Satisfied by delivering on time, motivated by the quality, reliability and accuracy of products, services, and infrastructure
· Practised at programme or multi-project management, ideally within the telecommunications or space industry, with certifications or demonstrated knowledge and experience of industry-standard disciplines. Technical experience in at least one of the following disciplines required: RF, Ground Networks, IP Routing, OSS/BSS Platforms.
· Experienced at operating independently and energised by collaboration across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders and specialists that span multiple time zones and geographies
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organisation
· Capable of driving internal and external process improvements, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership
· Practised at balancing operational risks with doing the right thing for the business
· Good MS Office skills are essential, with working knowledge of JIRA, ServiceNow or equivalent ticketing systems
What we’d love
· A relevant engineering degree in Telecommunications, or Engineering (Aeronautical, Electrical or Mechanical).
· Experience operating as a technical programme or project manager in MEO or LEO Ka-Band technologies
· Technical understanding of Satellite Ground Systems and architectures or similar
· Technical understanding of core network and fibre optic infrastructures