SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AUTOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Automotive Maintenance Technicians work in a fast-paced environment, performing preventative maintenance and assisting with the repair of a variety of gasoline and diesel powered equipment and vehicles.
- Perform maintenance and repair of the following: combustion engines and transmissions, brake, electrical, fuel/ignition, and hydraulic systems, steering and running gear, starters, generators, alternators, and carburetors
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections
- Test, analyze, and repair company motor vehicles and construction equipment
- Maintain service reports, as well as keeping record of service manuals, scheduling, and completed preventive maintenance services
- Ensure that all vehicle and trailer registration tags and licensing remain current
- Coordinate with equipment rental vendors for service and repairs as well as the delivery and return of rented equipment
- Weld with both gas and electric, including vertical welding
- Pick up and deliver materials located on or off site to work site that may require travel outside work location
- Research available parts through print and online catalogs to ensure the best value for the company
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of automotive maintenance experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel powered equipment and vehicles
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical manuals
- Ability to use hand tools, standard automotive tools and test equipment
- Working knowledge of computer programs to include Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Automotive responsibilities generally take place in tight quarters and physical dexterity is necessary to perform job functions
- The ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (up to 25lbs unassisted)
- Must be able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet) with proper PPE
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed based on site priority; flexibility required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Automotive Technician/Level 1: $18.00/hour
Automotive Technician/Level 2: $21.00/hour
Automotive Technician/Level 3: $25.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.