For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Buyer to join our Geointelligence Engineering Team at our Richmond offices
This position will expose you to many areas of the business and will focus on fulfilling material and support needs for internal and external customers. Key activities include issuance and administration of Purchase Orders to Vendors, assistance in sourcing products and services as per specifications provided.
The incumbent will also oversee the management of deliverables by delivering on time, on cost, and on quality, in line with the requestor’s requirements, corporate fiscal policies, security directives, and supply chain best practices.
- Provides basic support to projects and departments regarding their procurement requirements.
- Acquires materials and services including; sourcing and soliciting bids, creating purchase orders and awarding contracts, expediting orders, and resolving related problems.
- Participates with the Procurement team in the development and implementation of procurement strategies to improve supplier service levels and optimize costs.
- Under direct supervision, selects, measures and manages performance of vendors on the basis of on-time delivery, quality, and service. May negotiate with supply sources to initiate orders, resolve disputes and claims, and determine freight terms.
- Enters orders from the LN purchasing system, reviews and approves purchase documents and then expedites orders, including tracing of shipments in transit.
- Assists in completion of Procure to Payment cycle by ensuring receipt of Purchase Orders (tangible or intangible) has occurred by comparing overdue deliveries and orders placed by credit card or via the LN Purchasing system and work with Accounts Payable.
- Assists the Procurement team in documenting and maintaining Procurement Policy & Procedures Manual, Approved Suppliers List.
- Continuous Improvement Advocacy and Management. Continuously align, improve and modernize procurement practices to improve business performance and customer satisfaction. Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education, along with Supply Management Training of the SCMA's professional development program and 1 to 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with Canadian government contracts would be advantageous as well as familiarity with export regulations and general freight terms.
- Able to work autonomously and as a member of a high performing team often with multiple tasks ongoing.
- Ability to collaborate broadly with peers and stakeholders, internally within MDA (Planning, Engineering, Quality, Projects, Finance, etc.) and with Suppliers and service providers.
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/ Material Resource Planning (MRP) systems as well as MS Office proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on customer service and time management is essential. Must be computer literate; possess time management, interpersonal skills and an understanding of supply chain responsibilities and consequences.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and analytical ability.