For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
Working with Business Development and Program Management, the Master Scheduler will create the production schedule and inventories for the year/months/weeks.
- Develop Master Production Schedule (MPS) that meets all Revenue Targets and Program Requirements
- Serves as a primary point of contact for and liaison with programs, logistics and the production department.
- Collaborates with these departments to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve needs.
- Determines production resource needs through resource planning
- Periodically compares current and anticipated orders with available inventory of raw materials; uses judgment to anticipate demand for and to acquire additional supplies as needed.
- Provide critical information to all Stake Holders, where Production Orders will not complete on time and could affect the ultimate Customer completion date for Master Scheduled items
- Integrates sales orders with master schedule; coordinates availability of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet delivery dates.
- Participates in periodic forecasting meetings with Business Development, Program Management and other related departments; leads additional planning meetings with production, shipping and purchasing staff.
- Implement all ECN changes to P.O.s/parts
- Provide weekly metrics related to on-time Production Order completion dates for their assigned work centers
- Supervise schedule for the production department
- Evaluate data inclusive of enterprise requirements for planning information.
- Prepare reports like material availability required to facilitate and suggest actions to assure optimal execution of supply chain.
- Supervise company stability, oversee reasons to schedule changes and ensure root causes for volatility of schedule being resolved.
- Assist with process improvements and facilitate problem-solving teams.
- Select procedure and techniques to develop best-practice schedules for projects.
- Identify and recommend feasible solutions to plan operational issues.
Job Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the business and supply chain.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely proficient with production planning systems, such as MRP II.
Job Education and Experience:
- 8+ years’ of experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
- 8+ years' experience as a Production Planner
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems related to materials, scheduling, MRP, MPS, BOM operations/processes
- Extensive knowledge of MPS/MRP, Demand Flow, JIT, Forecasting, Inventory Planning, and Kanban, would be preferred
- Professional certification by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) preferred.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.