ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. (�Firefly�) is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly�s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly�s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as the Director of Federal Customer Engagement. The successful candidate for this role will serve as the lead for developing capture strategies, leading strategic sales and developing relationships for the following customer areas: Department of Defense (DoD), the Intelligence Community (IC), and Civil government agencies. A self-motivated and driven candidate is key to providing space transportation products to meet National Security Space requirements vital to secure our Nation�s leadership in space.
- Develop and implement strategic partnerships with key government stakeholders (US Space Force, US Air Force, National Reconnaissance Office, Space Development Agency (SDA), DARPA, Director of National Intelligence, etc), NASA to identify opportunities for sales across Firefly Aerospace�s business units.
- Develop capture plans for building multi-year pipelines focused on winning sales.
- Actively support proposal development from inception to completion, including responding to Requests for Information and Request for Proposals, writing proposals and preparing customer presentations highlighting the business units of Firefly Aerospace.
- Actively lead strategic capture plans with other employees that monitor current and future government programs, including legislative actions, customer requirements, and executive branch policy, guidance and budgeting.
- Foster key engagements with all US government stakeholders and customers and work with Firefly Aerospace employees to answer technical questions required to meet current and future requirements.
- Coordinate with product line program managers, mission managers and engineering and mission assurance teams to ensure customer requirements are met throughout the capture process.
- Develop multi-year business development strategies focused on winning solutions across all areas of the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Civil Agencies.
- Analyze trends and identify new opportunities to c-suite leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor�s degree in technical or related field
- 12 + years of experience with Government Space Programs, including satellites and launch vehicles
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Civil Space, including the satellite and launch vehicle government program offices
- Proven experience of capturing government opportunities including proposal support and response to government RFIs, RFPs, etc
- Demonstrated time-management skills; ability to manage deadlines and prioritize multiple capture leads across a wide variety of government customers.
- Proven experience understanding the competitive landscape and the ability to perform future research in building a holistic customer set that encompasses all DoD/IC/Civil offices.
- Expert communication and writing skills with a focus on technical and creative attributes to develop winning strategies and capture management plans.
- Expert deal strategy and negotiation skills
- Self-driven, self-starter ready to begin on Day 1
- Proven experience leading in complex and challenging environments to build trust and positive relationships across multiple government agencies
- Must be detail oriented and able to function effectively in a fast paced, multitasking work environment.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to develop capture strategies, write proposals and provide customer presentations
- Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Ability to get a Top-Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Advanced degree in an engineering or management related field
- 15 + years of experience with Government space programs, including satellites and launch vehicles
- Proven ability to manage multiple business development strategies across a multitude of government offices
- Demonstrated success in capture management and closing business deals from start to finish
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.