Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking a Sr. Sales & Business Development manager to join Maxar’s International Government and National Security Joint Engagement Team (JET).
This REMOTE role will succeed via enablement and direction from the Global JET leadership.
Preferred location is in close proximity to Maxar offices in Herndon VA or Tampa FL.
• Work-life balance to include flexible working opportunities and generous time off.
• Family-first benefits like adoption reimbursement, pet insurance and mental health resources.
• Educational perks such as student loan repayment, paid certifications and tuition reimbursement.
• Career growth opportunities including an internal mobility program and leadership training and development.
• Diversified healthcare and investment options including multiple medical plans, a stock purchase program and 401(k).
We invite you to bring your industry connections, deep understanding of Government customers and their missions and demonstrated business growth success record to this dynamic, hardworking, talented SME team focused on growing Maxar’s US Government / DoD and International Public Sector and Defense and Intelligence business.
- Active Top Secret security clearance, must be eligible for SCI
- 7+ years of direct government industry work experience, preferably in remote sensing, defense and intelligence or geospatial industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Geospatial, or Engineering related fields
- Previous experience in BD/sales in U.S Government / DoD customer space based ISR or similar defense / intelligence analysis fields
- Experience in supporting strategic multi-million dollar new business capture activities,
- Experience responding to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders in complex environments and short timeframes
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally averaging about 25% with potential peaks up to 50% travel
You’ll join a highly-skilled team of sales professionals and solution architects as a matrixed business development leader and subject matter expert in Civil Government and Defense and Intelligence missions and solutions.
- Develop and implement the growth strategy for Americas/LATAM public sector and Defense & Intelligence customers. This strategy will build and maintain a healthy pipeline of growth opportunities for new and existing customers.
- Partner with sales teams to identify target clients and build capture plans around strategic activities, desired relationships and business strategies that optimize business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with current and new government and national security customers. Gain recognition as a trusted and respected representative of Maxar.
- Guide the positioning and articulation of our key value propositions to targeted, high value customers.
- Identify potential partners and opportunities to partner with other systems integrators and business partners to drive business in the government / national security market
- Direct responsibility for driving Government and National Security JET solution business development and sales.
- Take a “hands-on” approach when called for on top innovation projects, coaching sales, technical teams and business unit execs in deal strategy, structure, and deal closure and customer’s mission objectives.
- Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Finance teams to accurately forecast, implement, and monitor a successful strategic BD/go-to-market program
- Represent Maxar at user conferences, and a variety of public speaking engagements.
Understand Our Customers:
- Demonstrate government industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of remote sensing and Earth observation.
- Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Use consultative selling skills to understand operational, mission and business challenges of customers.
- Leverage your government industry and mission domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to develop sales strategies and business development to increase market share for Maxar Earth Intelligence.
- Collaborate with your team. Mentor, coach and advise sales professionals and leaders within the sales regions on go to market strategies for new government and national security related solutions.
- Experience working within the Earth Imagery, GEOINT markets highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Experience working with U.S. Embassies in LATAM region.
- Understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline or business/management
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:
$114,000.00 - $190,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.