As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support our Spacecraft Programs and own individual vehicle configurations. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on challenging problems. This role will be deployed to the VP of Programs.
- Develop deep understanding of the spacecraft design across all disciplines
- Responsible for internal space vehicle configuration at the highest level of the product tree
- Release of top-level space vehicle BOM
- Create and review assembly drawings and build instructions necessary to integrate sub-assemblies into the spacecraft with all necessary materials and tools
- Manage verification of system and subsystem requirements
- Responsible for external spacecraft and payload configuration at the highest level of the spacecraft assembly
- Release of top-level spacecraft and payload BOM
- Create and manage requirements for payload-specific additions and product changes
- Manage verification of key mission requirements
- Participate in the analysis of contractual requirements, prepare cost and time estimates, and identify associated risks during business development and major program phases
- Manage product life cycle design releases
- Verifications from required parties such as thermal, electrical, mechanical, quality assurance, manufacturing, etc.
- Ensure assembly drawings accurately represent engineering design intent
- Review and approve test plans and interface control documents
- Manage spacecraft interconnect design (wiring harness, plumbing, etc.)
- Corridors/layout and routing
- Pinouts and bundling
- Brackets, coverings, etc
- QA checkpoints
- Sign off on (or generate) interface control documents (ICDs) and interface change notices (ICNs) from outside vendors
- Simplified CAD model
- Assembly drawing
- Mechanical, electrical, and software ICDs
- Acceptance testing requirements
- Liaise with program management and technical personnel as well as with subcontractors/suppliers to ensure spacecraft product integrity, quality and safety
- File and participate in non-conformance reports (NCRs), engineering change notices (ECNs), drawings changes, and redlines during spacecraft build phase
- Provide technical leadership to resolve issues durign the entire product and program lifecycles
- Contribute to continual process feedback and improvement
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience as Chief Systems Engineer or Chief Engineer of spacecraft development and test
- Rigorous attention to detail and depth-first problem solving skills
- Deep knowledge of spacecraft design, manufacturing, and operations
- Hands-on experience with product life cycle management tools
- Experience with requirements management, validation, and verification
- Hands-on experience with digital, analog, and mixed signal electronics
- BS or MS in aerospace engineering or similar technical discipline
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Annual Base Salary Range: $ 165,000.00 - $ 190,000.00 /per year
- Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. Your actual base salary will be determined on job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.