Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the end to end management of all business finance systems, processes, controls and all business related internal and customer reporting requirements for the portfolio.
- The program is properly structured in the books of record (Costpoint) to properly account for and accrue costs, inventory, and liabilities in accordance with the applicable contract cost structure (Program, CLINs, and any Sub CLINs)
- Adequate funding availability by maintaining commitment and expenditure projections and assisting with submittal of funding requests to USG
- Guidance is provided to control account managers and/or program manager with EVMS activities including forecasts, performance measurement, variance analysis, and corrective action plans
- The financial EAC and program(s) profit booking rate are managed in accordance with company requirements, are accurate and updated to in accordance with the financial EAC procedure
- The Program(s) operates in accordance with Millennium Best Practices and Policies, including but not limited to, the applicable EVMS level designation requirements. Implement and support ongoing development of Cobra, MS Project and MES.
- Program and company inventory and property are properly utilized, billed and controlled.
- All customer reporting requirements are compliant to contract requirements and submitted on time. (CDRLS, Reviews and Audits)
- Proper communication between the Program(s) and USG business personnel/USG PMO by leading and supporting key meetings and building relationships
- Cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines are maintained, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends.
- Support for adjudication all programmatic risk assessment data (Program Risk Database and any management assessment utilized in the financial reporting data)
- Coordinated management for cost and schedules aspects of any potential contract change activity (ECP proposals, REA’s and overrun proposal adjustments)
- Clear communication and collaboration across all disciplines is maintained to support program execution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 3+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior exposure to Earned Value metrics and rules
- Advanced Excel skills such as vlookup, pivot tables, index/match, conditional formatting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Proficient with other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- 3+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst in Aerospace
- EVMS Certification
- Prior experience in mentoring and training others
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Level 3: $85,000 - $125,000
- Level 4: $106,250 - $156,250
- Level 5: $127,500 - $187,500
Benefits and Perks:
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria