OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic ECLSS Test Engineer who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for an energetic and dynamic Test Engineer who will primarily be responsible for testing and modification Axiom Space station fluid system test rig as well as other test rigs. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about space and excels at problem solving. The role requires strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for or medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for design, develop, and assembly of ECLSS test rigs
- Presents at test rig development milestones
- Responsible for test rig equipment sizing and component selection
- Schematic and Diagram generation
- Aids in test plan development
- Responsible for running and/or overseeing tests
- Responsible for manage test rig requirements, hardware updates, and troubleshooting
- Writing test reports and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Operation of Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, printer, etc.).
Education & Experience
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field required
- 2-5 years’ experience in testing fluid or mechanical systems
- Experience building mechanical test rigs
- Experience writing test reports and procedures
- Preferred experience:
- Familiarity with Life Support Systems
- Experience with spacecraft Environmental Control and Life Support Systems is a plus
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply for This Job