SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
A&P TECHNICIAN (FALCON MAINTENANCE) - MULTIPLE SHIFTS
- Integration and test, functional verification, and troubleshooting of various Falcon 9 propulsion systems and components
- Fabricate, troubleshoot and maintain propulsion hardware and equipment for re-flight operations
- Install and troubleshoot electrical wire harnesses and instrumentation
- Assist engineers in reviewing design concepts, providing feedback for improvements
- Review and follow detailed work instructions for complex mechanical installations of the Falcon 9 vehicle
- Innovate through outside of the box thinking to improve processes and increase efficiency of re-flight operations
- Maintain inventory of flown parts and hardware for assembly, test and maintenance of propulsion systems
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of professional experience in an aerospace, aviation, automotive and/or manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Airframe & Powerplant license
- 3+ years of professional experience as a technician with propulsion systems
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience interpreting technical data and using manual and powered tools
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Previous professional experience working with vacuum systems
- Previous professional experience working with bore scope inspection equipment
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature, and flow measurement devices
- Experience maintaining a propulsion test stand in the aerospace industry
- Experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting launch campaigns
- Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to pass Sapce Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Must be available for one of the following shifts:
- 1st shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am - 4:30pm
- 2nd shift: Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 2:30am
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 35 lbs unassisted
- Valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends, as needed
- Flexibility in work schedule, supporting all shifts/overtime, as necessary, to support business needs
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Integration Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Integration Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.