Avionics Technician (m/w/d)
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for assembling wiring harnesses and electronic equipment.
More specifically, you will:
- Build and test harnesses for Spectrum and various testing applications
- Assemble and test electronic prototyping and flight hardware
- Support the Launcher Integration team during the integration of harnesses and units and vehicle check-out test
- Write and improve assembly instructions
- Create documentation and reports for the construction and assembly of electrical equipment and harnesses
- Challenge and improve the engineering designs
- Improve the efficiency of existing processes and implement new ones when necessary
- Support the Avionics and other teams in their daily tasks
- Procure tools and maintain the material stock for harnessing and unit assemblies
- Support in the handling of the electronics lab
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Technical training degree / apprenticeship in relevant fields; for example, “Fluggeräteelektroniker”
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the production and assembly of wiring harnesses and electronic units
- Practical knowledge with general electrical/electronic equipment
- Practical experience with tools for cutting, crimping, and positioning of wires, preferably with tools common in the aerospace industry
- Practical experience in soldering PCBs, wires, and connectors
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is not mandatory, but considered a plus
- Experience with MES software and inventory systems
- Knowledge of sensors/sensor signals and test equipment
- Knowledge of common communication standards in aerospace
- Exposure to CAD software
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS:
If your profile matches our needs, you will be contacted in a few weeks by our Talent team for a first HR video-interview. A technical assignment might be sent to you in order to assess your knowledge on the topics required for the job. In case of positive outcome, you will then attend 1-2 technical interview(s) with your potential future colleagues.
Want to find more about us?
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.