Sales Engineer, MENA
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. BlackSky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, international defense and intelligence customers, and commercial customers.
As we continue to expand globally, BlackSky is excited to be growing our team in Dubai! We are looking for a strong technical Sales Engineer to help support our international sales and business development teams. The Sales Engineer acts as the sales team's primary technical point of contact during the pre-sales process in their assigned territory but must also be available to help where needed as we scale as an organization. They represent the technical aspects of the product/service offerings and propose how these aspects can benefit the customer and ultimately solve their problems. Solutions Engineers must have a strong technical understanding of the complexities of what the company offers, together with excellent sales, presentation, demonstration, program management, and communications skills. This position will support proposal and solution development as it relates to custom solutions designed for our key customers.
This position will report to our VP, Strategic Capture and will be located in Dubai and requires a local candidate, authorized to live and work in Dubai.
- Lead winning solution development for growth opportunities.
- Perform solution designing and estimating the cost of technical solutions that satisfy the requirements of new business opportunities.
- Clearly and concisely respond to RFIs, RFPs, and proposals, in alignment with current BlackSky capabilities.
- Act as the primary technical resource for various capture and business development activities.
- Provide thought leadership and technical support to assist business areas and programs in retaining and growing both new and current work.
- Provide business area and sector and leadership feedback by measuring the success of delivery and organic growth initiatives.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements and propose a mutually beneficial solution for both the customer and the company.
- Coordinate "reach back" with technical subject matter experts within BlackSky to obtain specific knowledge or expertise to address technical issues.
- Respond to technical questions and research requests from customers and programs.
- Design and develop solutions architecture with current BlackSky capabilities for clients.
- Perform business case analysis to support the decision-making process.
- Build and maintain relationships across all BlackSky functional organizations to ensure alignment with program capture, program execution, and other lines of business services.
- Understand the impact of internal decisions on customer & vendor relationships & plan accordingly.
- Build & maintain relationships with key vendor partners to incorporate technology & capability Sector growth pipelines.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, technology, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years’ experience working as either:
- Enterprise Solutions or Sales Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, AI/ML Engineer, or geospatial intelligence-related role.
- Experienced in working in a client-facing role, ideally in a pre-sales role.
- Fluent in English and native language.
- Familiarity with concepts and technologies used in building a SaaS platform related to data analytics.
- Familiarity with AI concepts and use cases, such as object detection, segmentation, NLP, and ML.
- Familiarity with agile development environments and AWS.
- Familiarity with GIS, remote sensing, and ISR.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, able to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including C-suite level.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in an independent, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to support military exercises and provide on-site demonstrations.
- Ability to travel within your region as needed.
- Experience with defense, government, and intelligence agencies (foreign or domestic).
- Hands-on experience with Python.
- Experience in working with APIs and API integration with cloud-based technologies.
- Experience managing sales pipeline using technologies like Zendesk, Salesforce.
- Understanding of tactical military operations and organizational structure.
- Knowledge and experience with:
- SOCET GXP, ArcGIS, ENVI, QGIS, Google Earth Engine, or other relevant geospatial analysis tools.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf