Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 19 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier Regulatory Associate who will be responsible for maintaining Regulatory functions related to Export Controls, Controlled Goods Security, and Interference Coordination agreements.
- Coordinate, prepare, track, and maintain a database relating to Kepler’s coordination and regulatory agreements.
- Conduct detailed National and International security screens for new Kepler employees.
- Ensure documentation for Kepler’s international exports are cleared and certified in accordance with local and foreign customs procedures.
- Handle protected or confidential information (personal, commercial, industrial, or military).
- Work with government contracts and regulatory agreements within the commercial space satellite industry.
- Ad hoc responsibilities could include spacecraft spectrum licensing and lobbying of satellite rulemaking bodies.
- BS / BA in Law, or Engineering, (Math, Physics, Aerospace) or other relevant degree.
- 2+ years of experience in National and/or International Space Law, Space or Satellite Regulations, or Telecommunications.
- Meticulous and organized with proven ability to handle exceptionally large volumes of information; extreme attention to detail is required for success in this role.
- Exposure to any of the following: National export regulations, Controlled Goods Regulations, ITAR Regulations, Satellite regulations or licensure, radiofrequency spectrum regulations, or other telecom regulations.
- Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Word and Excel (i.e., awareness / understanding of themes, document templates, fields, formatting).
- Mature and precise written communication skills. Applicant should be comfortable with drafting polished formal correspondence to external parties, or simple legal documents.
- Experience with operating with a large degree of autonomy and independently assuring their work is both organized and maintained in a finished quality, suitable for external sharing.
- Comfortable with learning on the fly, as well seeking out information on an ongoing basis.
- Familiarity with foundational math and physics concepts (e.g., having completed at least one university-level course in either subject).
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.