For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
MDA Geospatial Services is strengthening the software development team in support of CHORUS-C satellites operations and is seeking an experienced and versatile Software Engineer to join our team in St. Hubert, QC.
The Software Engineer will work under the supervision of the Lead Software Engineer and specific component lead to participate in the development, integration, testing and maintenance of the CHORUS-C Ordering Subsystem, using established software engineer principles and software configuration management techniques. The Software Engineer will also be interacting with the operations team to help find and prevent operational issues as well as maintain/improve the development environment for the systems he will be working on.
The Software Engineer might also support Radarsat-2 (R2) and/or Radarsat Constellation Mission (RCM) if needed.
R2 is a Canadian commercial satellite and provides high-resolution SAR imagery to customers around the world. RCM is a constellation of three satellites, which provides high-resolution SAR imagery. CHORUS-C is the next MDA generation commercial Earth observation (EO) mission.
This position is located at the MDA Control Centre, Canadian Space Agency Headquarters, in St Hubert, PQ.
- Perform software engineering to develop, integrate, test and maintain ground system applications for CHORUS-C
- Work with the Team and Product Owner in shaping a product roadmap
- Identifying areas for improvement in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications (e.g., improving performance, automation ...)
- Interact with operation teams to support application integration and testing within operational and development environment
- API lifecycle release management
- Work intimately with our operations and production teams to provide Level 3 support in real time.
- Document the various software development phases (e.g., test and maintenance plan).
- Maintain, update and improve the development environment as well as all the needed systems (database, file transfers etc …)
- Manage and document bugs and issues
- support of other different Ground System applications
- Tools development to support system maintenance and automation
- Support investigation and fix of database and system issue
- Other duties as needs, priorities, and skills allow.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Completed post-secondary education (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline. IT Diploma and experiences will also be considered.
- minimum 3 years related experience in software development
- In depth knowledge of Java using maven (including Spring framework and Hibernate)
- Proficient with design and development of REST API platform, converting web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa.
- Experience of SQL (SQL server, PostgreSQL),
- Experience with Agile processes
- Experience in web Development
- experience with frontend framework/library (preferably ReactJS)
- Nice to have: experience with UI/UX design (ex. Figma)
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Able to solve problems and ability to work in an operational environment that might have important time, procedural and security constraints.
- Experience with XML, SVN, Git, Jira and Jenkins would be an asset.
- Knowledge of C++ development, standards and specifications would be an asset
- Experience with Kafka messaging system
- Experience with workflow management system
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience building, updating and managing Docker Images
- Experience building and updating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML or similar tools desirable
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of MongoDB
- Good team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data
- Initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills.
- prior satellite related knowledge (e.g., ground system, operation, orbit ...) is an asset
- Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level
- Upgrade to secret status level and security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) might be needed depending on additional project being worked on