For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Contracts Specialist to join the MDA Contracts team. In this role, you will develop the contract strategy and lead the contracts lifecycle management process with limited supervision, providing proactive, methodical management of various agreements with external parties and/or contracts from RFI initiation through award, compliance, subcontracting and renewal to closure.
- Develop contracting strategy and lead negotiations of all external terms and conditions with minimal guidance.
- Proactively identify risks and suggest possible mitigation solutions.
- Manage the planning and execution of complex third party contracts, including change orders, claims and invoicing, through to contract closure.
- Coordinate the application of governing terms, including technical SOW, delivery schedule, Industrial and Technological Benefits, quality requirements, and flow down of the customer terms and conditions, as applicable.
- Review the accuracy of input from other contributors to raise overall work quality.
- Ensure internal cross-functional stakeholders are aware of all obligations in order to comply with contract requirements.
- Use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Expert knowledge of contract flow-down and administration with view to ensuring obligations are adequately discharged.
- Fully understand financial and commercial elements influencing contracts.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes.
- Encourage open communications to achieve mutual understanding.
- Make recommendations that remove barriers to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Assist with due diligence and compliance requirements.
- Report and attend customer, subcontractor and integrated product/program reviews.
- Maintain accurate, accessible and complete records of the company’s contractual commitments.
Job Requirements (experience/skills):
- A post secondary degree/diploma and/or 7+ years related or transferable work experience.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and managing complex and high profile transactions within the Space, Aerospace, Defense or other high-technology industry.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following is an asset: the Government of Canada’s Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC), the European Space Agency General Clauses and Conditions, Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB), Controlled Goods Program (CGP), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), as well as understanding of US government procurement processes (FAR/DFARS).
- Understanding of third party selection and onboarding processes.
- Capable of managing multiple competing priorities under pressure while proactively coaching team members.
- Effective time management skills and ability to plan workload to meet deadlines.
- Awareness of import/ export legislation, Incoterms and customs rules is an asset.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Sense of urgency with the ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills, with the ability to follow through and deliver results.
- Possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP)
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.