Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Spacecraft Engineer – Electrical Power & Thermal Subsystem Engineer position within the Spacecraft Constellation Operations, Reliability, and Engineering (SCORE) team in Westminster, CO.
You will assist the Operations teams with the health and safety, performance optimization, and anomaly resolution of Maxar’s Earth Intelligence spacecraft constellation. You will also support design, development, integration, and testing of Maxar’s next generation spacecraft. As a Spacecraft Engineer, you will work as part of larger multi-disciplinary teams that include ground system engineers, software engineers and spacecraft operations teams. As Maxar is transitioning to a new cloud-based ground system, you will need to understand and play a significant role using AWS technology.
What You Will Do:
- Perform Electrical Power & Thermal subsystem tasks for the SCORE team
- Support spacecraft launch and early/sustained operations by maintaining spacecraft health and safety, optimizing performance, and troubleshooting anomalies
- Develop and maintain tools and methods to trend spacecraft health and performance metrics for the Electrical & Thermal subsystems.
- Develop, enhance, extend, and maintain spacecraft power models
- Perform detailed spacecraft analysis using in house simulators and spacecraft models
- Develop/refine concept of operations to meet evolving mission demands
- Define spacecraft anomaly resolution processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot/resolve/document spacecraft anomalies
- Assist in development and testing of spacecraft commissioning plans/tools.
- Assist in the development of and participate in Launch and Mission rehearsals
- Support design, development, integration, and testing of next generation spacecraft
- Define, review, and verify spacecraft requirements for Electrical Power and Thermal subsystems
- Attend vendor design reviews
- Participate in clean-room integration and testing activities
- Support other Maxar business segments
- Provide detailed knowledge of spacecraft operations and spacecraft operational capabilities
- Assist in ground software requirement definition, review, and verification
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, physics, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- At least 2 years professional experience
- Electrical Power and Thermal subsystem design and/or analysis experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience as a spacecraft systems engineer or subsystem engineer
- Strong and innovative computer language skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux, MATLAB/Simulink, Python, and Github all highly desired
- Excellent written & oral communicator
- Spacecraft operations experience
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Calm disposition in stressful situations
The compensation range for this position is $66,000 to $110,000 annually dependent on skills and experience.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.