Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking an onsite Product Owner to join our xLab team. This role is a hybrid position that will be performed primarily from the customer site in Reston, VA and will also allow for limited remote work.
Day to Day
- Learn and deeply understand the users and the mission. Organize, schedule, run meetings and engagement sessions with users and stakeholders. Aggregate, deconflict, distill and prioritize feedback into user stories, epics, and tasks in the backlog.
- The backlog is your baby. Update it, feed it, groom it, care for it, read it a bedtime story, whatever it takes.
- Define and communicate the product's vision and priorities.
- Communicate and collaborate with the dev team to ensure the team is driving towards that vision.
- Lead daily standup, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Oversee, supervise, monitor, and evaluate all stages of the product creation agile lifecycle.
- Take ownership of deliverables.
- Pursue and resolve program requirement challenges.
- xLab is Maxar’s Innovation as a Service shop.
- Our expert cadre of designers, software developers, and product owners partner with Maxar’s remote sensing, data science, and machine learning practitioners to create custom solutions that leapfrog our customers into the future of work.
- Our process begins by listening and empathizing with our customers to gain unique insights.
- Prototyping and frequent, iterative feedback are core to our delivery approach, anchored by best practices in Lean Product Development and Design Thinking.
- Our Outcome-Based Model ensures each engagement is aligned to our customers’ needs.
We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
- Corporate partner, industry training.
- Peer groups.
- Paid certifications.
- Education reimbursement.
- and much more...
- Current/active TS/SCI security clearance and able to obtain a CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree. 4 additional years of relevant, professional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Expertise in Agile and Scrum project methodologies.
- 3+ years or more in product ownership on software projects.
- 2+ years or more of project management experience on information technology software projects.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence in a software development project setting.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- A problem-solving mentality.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
- Knowledge & applied use of Design Thinking principles.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.