At Maxar we unlock the promise of space intelligence to help governments and businesses solve problems on earth and beyond. Since humans first explored our solar system, we have been supporting space missions with our tools. Maxar partners with innovative businesses and more than 50 governments to monitor global change, deliver broadband communications and advance space operations with capabilities in Space Infrastructure and Earth Intelligence. Now is your chance to amplify your impact, working to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. Maxar is seeking computer science or computer engineering students to join our 2023 summer intern program in Westminster, Colorado. This specific internship is for a Spacecraft Navigation & Engineering Software Development Intern.
Software engineering is comprised of various roles that contribute to the development, production, and test of satellites. These roles design, implement, and deliver embedded flight software, provide spacecraft simulators, payload tools, and ground software, and validate software products. All roles involve significant collaboration with interdisciplinary teams from multiple subsystems.
This is a requisition for summer of 2023 intern positions with involvement in the design, integration, and test of ground software.
Life with Us
The Spacecraft Navigation, Calibration, and Engineering Software Development team interns will assist the scrum team with software engineering tasks, including code development, automated test development, cyber security compliance, and tools used in software development and operational support. The software technology involved are REST interfaces to python-based micro-services hosted in AWS.
What Our Internship Program Offers:
Our 12-to-13 week internship program provides students with hands-on experience in a variety of disciplines. From robotics to data science, Maxar offers opportunities to gain valuable skills and mentorship by working with cutting-edge technologies and industry-leading experts on real missions. In addition to competitive hourly pay, we provide cross-functional lunch-and-learn sessions, professional development workshops, social events and an executive speaker series. Currently, our 2023 internship program is set to be on-site and in-office.
Minimum requirements for this position:
· Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with completion of 2 years or more, or currently enrolled in a master's degree program in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, aerospace engineering or related discipline
These skills would be amazing:
· Familiarity with Linux operating systems / distributions
· Familiarity with the Python programming language
· Familiarity with cloud computing
· Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
· Strong verbal and written communication, organization, and leadership skills
· Debugging and trouble-shooting skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively with others for software engineering projects.
· The ability to continue working into the fall - no less than 10 hours a week, but can be part-time.
The hourly pay-rate for this internship has been established at $20-36.50/hr and is commensurate with experience and education level.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.