With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space.
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning.
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first.
- Be a part of our world-class gateway support engineering team.
Who You Are:
You’re passionate about engineering and developing your skills in a challenging technological environment. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You are a great communicator who is calm under pressure and passionate about operations. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful operations of the OneWeb Services.. You will work within the Operations team and utilize your considerable previous expertise in Gateway Network integration and operations to ensure a successful OneWeb program.
- Act as the Gateway Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the global operations team.
- Provide RF and Gateway technical support to the OneWeb Operations staff members.
- Perform proactive analysis and conduct heath checks to identify network anomalies before the impact commercial service.
- Define and document the operational processes required to integrate and support Gateway operations.
- Define the configuration of Network Management Systems (NMS) to ensure smooth and continuous service operations
- Regularly interact with OneWeb Test, Ground, Network and User Terminal Engineers to perform system integration and operations.
- Perform Complex Fault Diagnostics, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR).
- Review and evaluate Incident, Change and Problem records related to Gateway operations to ensure the relevant incident data, method of procedures, back out plans, resolution details and root cause investigations are captured correctly.
- Create and deliver Gateway training packages to the Network Operations staff members.
- Own the continual service improvement of Gateway performance and operational procedures.
- Occasional travelling to regional SNPs
- Business office hours for UK role + on-call rotation
What it Takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• At least 7 years’ experience gained in a live Service Operations environment.
• Extensive experience troubleshooting, operating, and maintaining local and remote baseband, IF, RF, antennas, and WAN/LAN equipment.
• Extensive experience in testing of Gateway Antenna systems and subsystems.
• Extensive experience in performing RF Data Analysis & Pre-launch Optimization of Gateway sites and equipment.
• Solid working knowledge of Satellite Communications Baseband, Network Management, and Modem systems equipment.
• Excellent working knowledge of Uplink Power Control and ACM Adaptive Coding and Modulation.
• Working knowledge of IP routing and networking.
• In-depth prior experience of satellite/telecommunications network operations.
• Detailed understanding of Network Management system software used in satellite and/or telecommunications systems.
• Expertise in and the ability to develop and thoroughly document network operational procedures.
• Self-starter, proactively takes the lead/initiative to ensure operational issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we’d love:
- Process driven professional to contribute to the team’s growth
- Highly motivated individuals
- Capable of working in a lively multitasking environment
- Experiencing working within a Greenfield or rapidly scaling environment.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and end to end system testing.
- Experience with satellite ground systems, satellite operations, and/or ground systems operations/development. Experience with MEO/LEO systems is a plus.
- Ability to develop test scripts using Python or similar scripting language.
- CCNA certification.
- Dataminer experience.
- Linux Experience.
- Experience with high-capacity networks a plus.
- Understanding of data and RF network testing concepts