Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch entirely 3D-printed launch vehicles. As the Material Program Manager, Propulsion, you’ll work cross-functionally to accurately capture material demand, maintain real-time visibility into supply sources and levels, and drive material requirements planning to inform procurement strategy and operations. You are the focal point who is directly responsible for the balance of material supply and demand across our entire value chain – i.e., from ideation to orbit.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Procurement, Engineering, Manufacturing, Test, and Launch organizations to derive material demand from up-to-date (Bills of Materials) BOMs and schedules that will drive material requirement plans and priorities across multiple vehicle missions and programs.
- Generate actionable material requirement signals and partner with Sourcing and Procurement personnel to develop and action material acquisition strategies.
- Manage the mission-by-mission ‘Clear to Build’ process, providing accurate and real-time visibility into material supply & demand while ensuring operational equilibrium between Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Test, and Launch.
- Develop material allocation strategies/models for constrained or at-risk materials based on company priorities and supply conditions.
- Quantify material forecasts that will inform Sourcing’s medium- and long-term material acquisition strategies.
- Architect Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and processes within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) that will ultimately increase automation and fidelity of end-to-end planning operations.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Finance/Economics, or similar.
- 5+ years in a material planning role within a fast-paced manufacturing, supply chain, and/or engineering environment.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and data analysis applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau).
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or similar.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!