Capella Space is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We're leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you'll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. We're looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
The marketing team at Capella is expanding to support rapid growth. We are looking for a self-directed, enthusiastic Director of Corporate Communications with proven experience managing external communication campaigns and programs for technology industries. The ideal candidate can develop content and programs that drive thought leadership and help protect and promote Capella's company mission and reputation.
The Director of Communications Manager must be an excellent communicator who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and through well-written copy for blog posts, press releases, ppt presentations, byline articles, email copy, social media posts and more. The individual will interact with and advise Capella senior leaders and work closely with functional partners within Marketing, Legal, Finance/IR, Sales and HR.
- Report to VP Marketing; develop thought leadership communication strategies and influencer campaigns; drive media relations and investor communications; measure and evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Conceptualize and deliver public-facing thought leadership content (press releases, bylines, webinars, infographics, power point presentations) and internal content (company messaging architecture, talking points, thought leadership abstracts, FAQ’s).
- Lead social media, established media and industry analyst communications.
- Publish Capella SAR imagery focused on topical news in support of strategic goals, and in partnership with academics, think tanks, reporters or analysts.
- Build relationships with academics, think tanks, reporters and analysts to partner and provide credible annotation for published SAR imagery.
- Field all media inquiries; serve as a media spokesperson; build and maintain relationships with key reporters; provide talking points, counsel & topical feedback in advance of media interviews for Capella leadership team.
- Provide talking points for leadership in advance of media interviews and public speaking engagements
- Lead internal communications: define and execute on internal communications strategy aligned with the executive leadership team; institutionalize the company mission, vision, and values; ensure internal messaging is consistent with the external communication message.
- BA/BS or Masters degree in Business Administration, Communications or Marketing
- 5+ years of relevant experience in external, corporate communications
- Relevant experience at a PR agency or in-house, incl. media relations, press release writing, driving thought leadership activity, such as speaking engagements for the executive team.
- Broad communications experience with expertise in technology, corporate communications and issues management
- Proven media relations skills with top-tier, national and trade media, with high motivation to build relevant expertise in satellite imaging, space technology and government services industries
- Outstanding oral, written and presentations skills, with the ability to adapt messaging to various external and internal target audiences; capable of adapting content to different communication mediums, incl. long-form writing (press releases, blog posts, articles) and short-form writing (social media, ppt presentations, infographics)
- Solid expertise in the development of content for web, email, video, ppt and print
- Strong project management abilities; comfortable working independently and in teams to create and meet deadlines; capable of developing and managing a project plan, establishing priorities, working to deadlines and controlling multiple projects at various stages of work
- Requires strong organizational and time-management skills, close attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Experienced in collaborating with all levels of management, as well as directly with customers, with decisiveness and flexibility; excellent presentation and interpersonal skills across all levels of management.
- Proven track record of collaborative work relationships. Consistently drives collaboration across cross-functional stakeholders/partners to ensure the best results through optimal engagement
- Demonstrates strong executive presence and has cultivated strong and trusting relationships with cross-functional partners and executive leaders
- Understanding of evolving digital and social media technologies.
- Experienced and comfortable working with basic marketing/PR tools such as press release submissions (PR Newswire), media monitoring (Cision), social media (sprout), presentation management and project management tools
- Proficiency with various e-mail, calendaring, meeting management, and related communications software.
- Experience and passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community.
The definition of fully vaccinated is subject to change (may include boosters).
Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.