ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
The avionics hardware design group is responsible for the design of high-reliability avionics systems for Firefly launch vehicles and spacecraft. As a hardware design engineer, you will work with a multidisciplinary group of engineers to design, build, test, and fly avionics systems for multiple Firefly vehicles.
- Quickly design high reliability electronics for Firefly rockets and spacecraft
- Participate in system trades, requirements capture, component selection, analysis, schematic capture, design reviews, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, documentation, manufacturing, and test
- Execute development and qualification testing campaigns to validate designs for flight operations
- Support hardware through development, production, integration, and flight operations
- Work with systems engineering teams to understand use-cases
- Bachelor�s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or physics
- 1+ years of experience with circuit board design, environments testing, or unit level testing (academic projects and internship experience qualify)
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Passion for problem solving, and working with new hardware
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together
- Experience with electronic components, wire harnesses, and/or electrical test equipment
- Experience in circuit (analog, digital, mixed signal) design principles
- Experience with engineering projects in any one or more of the following areas
- CPU/FPGA/ circuit boards
- Wireless devices,
- High speed interfaces
- Low power platforms
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with tools such as
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Experience with embedded microcontroller systems
- Experience with C/C++ in embedded systems
- Experience with serial interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet
- General understanding of how environments affect the reliability of space hardware
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (examples: leading a student organization or working successfully in teams)
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.