Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Solutions Engineer focused on our Global Data Services, you will join a growing team responsible for providing unique data-driven solutions to the US Federal Government. You will be the primary technical point of contact for US government customers and integration partners, collaborating closely with the sales teams to understand customer gaps and operational requirements. You will work closely with your Solutions Engineering colleagues and the Maritime, Aviation, and Weather business teams to qualify opportunities and develop customer-driven solutions that leverage Spire’s unique data sets and analytical capabilities. This requires having an in-depth understanding of the Spire technology stack and roadmap to offer informed insights and solutions. With an emphasis on our downstream space-based data products, you will understand the data processing chain from on-orbit collection to operational data product (e.g. AIS message reception to maritime tracking API, GNSS-Radio Occultation measurements to weather forecast API, etc).
Responsibilities of your role:
- Serve as the primary technical POC for the Spire Maritime, Aviation, and Weather customer throughout the sales cycle, identifying requirements and recommending the optimal solution.
- Support customer onboarding and provide technical support throughout the sales and contract lifecycle for Spire’s global data services, including managing data access and supporting customer data ingestion.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations, demos, and reports explaining Spire’s global data products and services to prospective customers.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts within the organization to assess feasibility of customer-driven solutions, refine scope and technical details of complex programs, and generally represent the voice and requirements of the customer within the organization throughout the sales cycle.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the sales and internal Maritime, Aviation, and Weather engineering teams and provide routine product updates and training to the Federal sales staff.
- Support the Federal sales team in the development of technical proposals and generating or sourcing technical content specific to the customer’s application or problem set in a timely manner to ensure customer deadlines and sales objectives are met.
- Work closely with the sales team and product managers to identify gaps in current capabilities and identify feature requests to drive the Maritime, Aviation, and Weather product roadmaps.
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant Engineering, Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences, Computer Science, or combination of technical and work experience
- US Citizen
Strong candidates will also possess skills or have direct experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working knowledge of REST and GraphQL APIs and SaaS infrastructure
- Experience working with bulk and dynamic data sets within GIS platforms (e.g. ArcGIS) to manipulate and visualize different types of data for product demonstrations and analysis
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Familiarity with cloud-based processing and data management (Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in application or script development (preferably Python)
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals
- Familiarity with existing satellite-based data products in one or more of the maritime, aviation, weather, or remote sensing industries.
- Familiarity with meteorological principles and/or numerical weather prediction
- Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of cross-functional teams
- Strong comprehension skills to enable timely understanding of complex customer requirements and identification of thorough and sometimes unique solutions
- Active US Government Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.