Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking an onsite DevOps Engineer to join our xLab team. This role is a hybrid position that will be performed primarily from the customer site in Reston, VA and will also allow for limited remote work. In this role, you'll manage an OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker environment and deployments, create and maintain Jenkins build pipelines, own integrations and architecture, and collaborate with the dev team as a thought leader in modern DevOps best-practices and procedures.
- xLab is Maxar’s Innovation as a Service shop.
- Our expert cadre of designers, software developers, and product owners partner with Maxar’s remote sensing, data science, and machine learning practitioners to create custom solutions that leapfrog our customers into the future of work.
- Our process begins by listening and empathizing with our customers to gain unique insights.
- Prototyping and frequent, iterative feedback are core to our delivery approach, anchored by best practices in Lean Product Development and Design Thinking.
- Our Outcome-Based Model ensures each engagement is aligned to our customers’ needs.
We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
- Corporate partner, industry training.
- Peer groups.
- Paid certifications.
- Education reimbursement.
- and much more...
- Must be a US citizen with a current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. A Master's degree may count as 2 years of experience.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a DevOps, Backend Developer, or Ops support role.
- Experience with of the following technologies:
- Jenkins builds and pipelines
- Git, github and/or gitlab
- Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Linux / bash scripting
- Tomcat, httpd, and postgres servers
- Build tools such as: maven, npm, pip, make
- In depth knowledge of DevOps best practices and modern standards
- Strong troubleshooting skills and problem solving mentality
- DoD 8570 IAT II Status or Current Cybersecurity Certification (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) or the ability to achieve within 90 days of hire.
- Agile / Scrum experience.
- Jira and Confluence familiarity.
- SSL/Certificates/Keytool/OpenSSL knowledge.
- Java/Sprint, Python, or Web Development familiarity.
- Demonstrated DevOps team leadership.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.