Formlogic is a well-funded remote-first startup reinventing rapid manufacturing of precision parts. Here you will solve challenging problems that have never been solved before, with the autonomy to use whatever methods you think best.
Formlogic’s intelligent automation uses machine learning and physics simulation to provide close tolerances and rapid turnaround at low production costs.
● Designing robust and highly reliable mechanical assemblies with respect to our manufacturing capabilities - collaboration with the CAM team required.
● Create process automation concepts
● Create and maintain projects over the whole life-cycle.
● Taking design decisions about mechanism concepts, maintenance and assembly strategies.
● Implementing simulations that will prove the functionality of your designs.
● Collaborating with the team to build, test and debug the design.
● Create BoM and help with the sourcing of the materials/components.
● 2+ years of experience in mechanical engineering.
● Practical experience in industrial machine building and deployment (deep knowledge in structural and fluid simulation is beneficial).
● Good knowledge in fluid dynamics.
● Proficiency in problem-solving, mechanical debugging skills, experimenting and innovating.
● Excellency in SolidWorks and/or Catia is a must.
● Experience with ANSYS/ABAQUS is considered as strong advantage.
● Experience with MATLAB is considered as strong advantage.
● An engineering degree, ideally in Mechanical or Mechatronical Engineering field or a related subject.