Please review the job details below.
Maxar Technologies has an immediate opening for a Senior Technical Accountant. This role can be based remotely in the US, with a preference to have the role located in Westminster, CO. This individual will report to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and will interface with personnel at various levels of the Company, as well as external auditors.
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting implications of complex or non-standard transactions encountered at corporate and throughout our business units
- Review new contracts and assess the accounting implications based on existing accounting standards, interpretations or regulations (e.g. revenue recognition, leases)
- Communicate with various internal groups to gather relevant information for decision making related to proper accounting treatment for significant transactions
- Build strong cross-functional relationships to ensure accounting issues are identified timely
- Manage the development, maintenance and compliance of accounting policies
- Research and coordinate with business units the implication of all new accounting standards, including assessing the impacts to the organization and ensuring an accurate transition during implementation
- Coordinate audit review of technical accounting matters
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly filings on Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as needed
- Participate in month-end and year-end close processes, as needed
- Perform special projects or duties as required within the finance department
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting experience (master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience) which includes complex technical accounting and/or revenue recognition
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience (Big 4 experience a plus)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles under U.S. GAAP and the ability to research technical issues (experience with revenue recognition and lease accounting is a plus)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley and SEC reporting
- Proactive with an aptitude for process improvement
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work well in a team and create cross-functional relationships
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with OneStream/SAP
- Experience with large public companies and shared service
The compensation range for this position is $71,000.00 to $119,000.00 annually, dependent on skills and experience.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.