Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The position is responsible for the delivery of the total consolidated financial close and analysis of results to the Chief Financial Officer. In this role, the individual will have first level review responsibility for the Company’s monthly consolidated financial close including reviewing the accuracy of the results against forecast and/or budget and investigate and resolve any significant or unusual variance while ensuring U.S. GAAP accounting is followed through all aspects of the Company’s financial reporting.
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting / Finance
- Five to seven years of related accounting experience.
- Two to four years in public accounting combined with industry experience is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
- Strong electronic spreadsheet skills. Ability to fully utilize data mining and analysis tools such as pivot tables, functions, etc.
- Ability to embrace and utilize technology to drive efficiencies.
- Deltek Costpoint 8 experience strongly desired.
- Strong technical US GAAP accounting knowledge.
- Sound cash management practices.
- Professional and Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Building, Developing and Managing a Successful Team
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving, Decision Making and Continuous Improvement
- Work Standards/Quality/Details
- Innovation and Results Oriented
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.