Please review the job details below.
At Maxar we unlock the promise of space to help governments and businesses solve problems on Earth and beyond. We monitor global change, deliver broadband communications and advance space operations with capabilities in Space Infrastructure and Earth Intelligence.
Want to play a part in humankind’s return to the moon, contribute to missions in support of national security, provide expertise used in the latest app technology, or improve the health and sustainability of our planet? Now is your chance to amplify your impact, working to solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
Why join us?
There is a reason we receive awards like Best Place to Work, Best Employer, Top Workplace and Candidate Experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution to our collective mission, and we recognize that with best-in-class offerings like:
- Work-life balance to include flexible working opportunities and generous time off.
- Family-first benefits like adoption reimbursement, pet insurance and mental health resources.
- Educational perks such as student loan repayment, paid certifications and tuition reimbursement.
- Career growth opportunities including an internal mobility program and leadership training and development.
- Diversified healthcare and investment options including multiple medical plans, a stock purchase program and 401(k).
Maxar is seeking a Senior Manager Accounting/Finance to help manage our day-to-day accounting and finance activities. This position can be based remotely anywhere in the US. This position will manage general accounting and finance functions for our Space operations. This person will report to Maxar Space’s Senior Director Accounting, Finance, & FP&A.
- Lead projects and enhancement endeavors to completion and ensure results are maintained.
- Improve monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, working closely with FP&A team
- Work with other leaders to manage the day-to-day accounting and finance interface with our parent company, Maxar
- With other leaders, ensure SOX compliance, working with Maxar to update and execute on appropriate controls
- Organize information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices across accounting and FP&A
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident required
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting, finance, or FP&A experience with a combination preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in management level accounting, finance, or FP&A role
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- SAP S/4 HANA experience preferred
- Strong understanding of, and prior experience with, percent complete revenue recognition
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills for a continually evolving environment
- Able to work in a dynamic, complex environment as a self-starter who can quickly understand and develop processes
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.