Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Planetary Systems Corporation by Rocket Lab (PSC), a manufacturer of satellite mechanisms, is seeking a Senior Buyer/Material Planner to ensure materials are efficiently procured in accordance with manufacturing schedules.
PSC’s products include separation systems, on-orbit devices, and other electro-mechanical deployables. This position is not remote.
What You’ll get to do:
- Accountable for converting purchase requisitions into purchase orders after appropriately evaluating vendor capability, price, delivery needs, and vendor performance.
- Accountable for the on-time-delivery of purchased parts from vendors.
- Responsible for managing the RFQ process to secure competitive bids and ensure we are achieving best price for goods and services.
- Assist in determining demand, supply, and fulfilment planning within the MRP system.
- Responsible for ensuring Bill of Materials, parts, and master data, are maintained within ERP
- Accountable for timely release of purchase planning messages to the Procurement Team.
- Responsible for updating demand to accommodate Engineering Change Orders, and communicating changes to Procurement.
- Integrate with Engineering teams to meet procurement requirements and act as primary point of contact for order status communication.
- Provide status to material planners on latest status of purchase orders and expected delivery dates
- Accountable for negotiating terms with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements.
- Accountable for maintaining purchase order data within the ERP system.
- Assist in maintaining business relationships with assigned suppliers.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain or other relevant fields.
- 3+ years of related experience as Buyer, Manufacturing Engineer, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to source, onboard, and negotiate pricing with suppliers.
- Knowledge of purchasing processes.
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of time
- Capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
These Qualifications would be nice to have:
- 5+ years of related experience as Buyer, Manufacturing Engineer, or similar.
- Prior experience in aerospace, automotive, or manufacturing industries.
- Familiarity with Fishbowl Inventory software
- Familiarity with LN ERP software
- Experience with AS9100 and US export controls
- Strong analytical mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively with other technically-minded employees
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status