OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Systems Engineer II who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, integration, and test of various subsystems within Axiom Station’s design
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute the systems engineering processes of the company
• Manage requirements development, definition, and maturity
• Develop interface control documents (ICDs)
• Generate Systems Modelling Language (SysML) diagrams
• Coordinate constraints and conflicting requirements across multiple disciplines
• Ensure coordination of design changes and associated impacts across subsystems
• Identify program risks and associated mitigations
• Manage integrated performance assessments and trade studies
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
• Two (2) to Five (5) years of SE&I experience with hardware or software development and design preferred
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Strong background in blank page design, systems engineering, integration, and test.
• Adept at working in a team environment to support design through product implementation
• Ability to write clear and concise technical reports
• Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
• Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
• Familiarity with Jama, DOORS, or other requirements management database software suites preferred
• Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) deployment in Sparx Enterprise Architect or other software preferred
• General systems engineering knowledge and practices in line with INCOSE and/or NASA standards preferred
• Familiarity with performing work in an Agile environment preferred
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.