ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
We are seeking an innovative, aerospace focused Director of Quality with experience creating and managing a world class Quality program in complex industrial production environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to implement processes to maintain AS9100 compliance while meeting key objectives for productivity and profit_._ Shepherding a NewSpace company from development to production demands deep technical understanding, grit, and leadership skills Firefly is looking for the best of the best to drive unprecedented Mission Assurance in all of our launch and in-space service platforms.
This position is based out of our Manufacturing and Test facility, just north of Cedar Park, in Briggs, TX
- Lead a small focused team of quality engineers, supplier quality professionals, and inspectors to instill core quality rigor into everything we do at Firefly
- Manage and continuously expand upon all aspects of the AS9100 certified Quality Management System (QMS) within Firefly Aerospace.
- Lead and drive closure on internal and external audits.
- Lead or support all high level root cause investigations within the company.
- Manage the Nonconformance process, drive tickets to closure, and eliminate recurrences.
- Guide the evolution of Firefly�s QMS to meet the demands of an expanding customer market.
- Develop an operational rhythm to drive the culture to align with overall strategic quality objectives and metrics.
- Engage other departments to improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Empower the current quality team and grow the team both in size and technical disciplines.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor�s in a technical field or equivalent on the job training
- 10 years professional experience and at least 3 years comprehensive leadership experience
- 5 years experience deploying and managing quality functions in an AS9100 or ISO 9001 environment
- Proven performance implementing lean quality processes and making data driven decisions to improve product quality in a fast-paced design & production environment.
- Comprehensive experience in reviewing engineering drawings and specifications, such as Y14.41 GD&T procedures, D17.1 welding, etc
- Planning and engineering experience extremely helpful.
- Intermediate skills in CAD software (NX, Inventor, Catia, NX preferred)
- Master in developing and maintaining configuration management processes through the full life cycle of a complex vehicle
- Team player and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers
- Working knowledge of the various NDE methods and inspection equipment to support production inspection.
- Demonstrated experience hiring and growing teams to meet production and quality goals
- Master�s degree or equivalent certifications
- Experience successfully taking a company�s quality systems from a primarily development business to a primarily full rate production business, without losing the ability to tailor processes for either scenario.
- Extensive ERP expertise to help mold common company tools to best meet quality�s needs in a nearly autonomous/invisible approach
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.