Position: ADCS Engineer
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our ADCS team team and looking for a ADCS Engineerto join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team.
- Analyzing and improving on-orbit ADCS performance.
- Defining, executing and maintaining ADCS verification procedures.
- Participating in definition, execution and maintenance of operational procedures related to ADCS.
- Proposing, evaluating and implementing process improvements that affect spacecraft constellation with 20+ satellites in orbit.
- Leading or participating in ADCS anomaly investigations involving engineers from multiple engineering domains.
- Interfacing with other teams and departments (satellite operations, radar, mechanical, electronic, manufacturing, product).
- BS in Physics, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 1-3 years experience in designing, operating or testing ADCS, AHRS or similar.
- Good understanding of attitude dynamics and fundamental principles behind the operation of ADCS.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Python, MATLAB, Mathematica or similar.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment (such as electrical, controls, mechanical, thermal)
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working with C++
- Hands-on approach to work with the spacecraft hardware
- Experience working with electronic laboratory hardware (power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc.)
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.