As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Lead to manage our facilities, capital equipment, and security. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment to deftly address the occasional emergencies while still keeping a focus on long-term planning and processes for our offices and labs.
- Oversight and accountability regarding all aspects of facilities management and operations, maintenance and major repairs in compliance with City, building code and requirements. (HVAC, Roof, Electrical, and Plumbing)
- Monitors department budget; orders equipment and supplies and keeps appropriate inventory levels; makes requests for capital outlay expenditures as needed
- Develops, implements, and supervises preventive maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, key production equipment, mechanical and electrical, utility, and safety and security systems
- Serves as administrator responsible for environment health and safety, physical security, and meeting ADA compliance standards by designing and deploying operational procedures as required to facilitate continued safety and compliance
- Works closely with staff and internal partners (HR, IT, Security) to ensure requirements are being met
- Manages the proper disposal of hazardous and controlled wastes in compliance with regulations and guidelines; works directly with outside agencies such as OSHA, and local and state health departments as required
- Oversee day-to-day security requirements and audits (Intrusion alarm, cameras and access control)
- Available afterhours, weekends and holidays (24/7) to address occasional issues that arise
- Oversee full lifecycle of all construction projects including gathering requirements, preparing for bid, selecting contractors, managing expectations, and successfully delivering the project on-time, on budget and per scope of work.
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendors
- Upkeep and planning of Facilities budget; Capex and Opex
- Oversee and manage relationships with property owners to ensure good favor and compliance with local codes and contractual obligations
- Involvement with installation of lab equipment including high voltage loads, heavy machinery, cold water plumbing and high heat management infrastructure
- Utilize various project management tools to align vendors and contractors against internal timelines and accurate budgets
- Expertise and thorough understanding of relevant vendor contracts and building leases, and strength in negotiating favorable terms.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to efficiently manage overlapping facilities projects
- Experience with video surveillance, digitally controlled access and other modern building amenities
- Written communications, oral presentations
- Delegation, performance results, negotiation, sensitivity, initiative, analysis, decisiveness, dependability
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience scaling startup (fast paced, dynamic, flexible etc.)
- Experience in aerospace or similar industry including specific knowledge of ITAR and EAR facilities requirements
- Cultured aesthetic sensibility and strong understanding of workspace design principles
- Knowledge of work, impact, quality improvement, self-reliance and work standards
- Planning & organizing, persuasiveness, attention to detail, stress tolerance, judgment and the ability to influence
- Experience in facilities management capacity at a multi-building environment.
- Working knowledge of spacecraft design and manufacturing
Education & Work Experience:
- + 5 years progressively responsible experience in Facilities and Plant Operations/Maintenance.
Salary and equity compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.