Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Electrical Manufacturing Engineer develops, qualifies, and implements manufacturing processes and procedures to the build, test and launch of satellites, related subsystems and components, through the lens of an Electrical Engineer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Reviews PCB and PCBA designs for manufacturability and production scalability.
- Researches and identifies component alternates for production PCBA designs, as dictated by market availability.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Reviews Vendor produced manufacturing travelers, for Assembly & Polymeric Application, providing manufacturability feedback as needed.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Lead and execute tasks as needed to transition hardware build from low-rate initial production to higher rate production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing, or electrical engineering or similar field in Aerospace, Automotive, or Commercial industries
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electro-mechanical engineering drawings, technical manuals and policies and recommend changes to procedures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics, Gerber files, and component footprints
- Good understanding of IPC-A-600 & IPC-A-610
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering principles and concepts
- Must have technical problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis complete with sound corrective actions
- Experience in PCB/PCBA Manufacturing
- Experience with Altium NEXUS
- Familiarity with IPC-6012 & IPC-4101
- IPC-A-600 & IPC-A-610 Certification
- Experience with NASA-STD-8739.1A
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.