Business Development Associate
Join the mission to make Earth a sustainable home forever.
We see a future where space is the gateway to a more resilient and sustainable Earth. Outpost is the sustainable space company. Outpost is creating the world's first commercial reusable satellites that will come back to earth after mission completion and then get refurbished for the next mission, reducing future space debris and contributing to the long term sustainability of human life in space while making the cost of a satellite mission up to 80% cheaper and 100% cleaner.
We enable precision Earth Return of satellites and orbital payloads. We believe that our future in space must be built with sustainability at its core and that efficient, precise Earth Return is essential for the development of new industries in space and the improvement of life on Earth. Outpost allows companies to iterate on technical developments in space and ensure mission success. If you believe that the advancement into space will create a better planet Earth for all living beings and have the background to support it, then we want to hear from you.
Who you are:
You’re a go-getter who loves people. You work seamlessly across teams, communicating with customers, our internal engineering team, and our CEO alike. You’ve started to build a network and track record in aerospace and are looking for an opportunity with a massive growth trajectory where your success in your job will have a meaningful positive impact on our team. You are looking for experience to prepare for being a founder of your own company one day. You can be trusted to take detailed notes on customer concerns and requirements, and are diligent and organized with follow-up.
- 1-3+ years experience working in a Sales, Sales Engineering, or Business Development role
- An engineering degree, significant coursework in engineering, or a professional background in selling a product that is highly technical in nature
- A background in and passion for building and maintaining relationships
- A mind for aerospace and hardware - we’ll teach you about Outpost, but our customers and product are hardware-focused and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- The ability to act with a high level of autonomy - initially, you’ll report directly to the CEO and leverage his existing relationships to identify customers and move them through our sales pipeline
- An entrepreneurial mindset - Outpost is a startup, and you may often build entirely new processes or practices. What you learn in conversations with customers will help shape our sales strategy
- Team player and passion for collaboration - this role will work between our commercial and engineering teams
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally. You think carefully about how to write an email to get a quick response
- Previous aerospace or hardware experience is a plus but not required
- Living in or willing to relocate to the Los Angeles area. As of Spring / Summer 2022, our team will typically work in person, three days a week from our Santa Monica headquarters
- At this time, we are unable to sponsor employment visas and are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- Lead/co-lead the ops side of commercial sales, managing customer outreach and always keeping customers moving through our pipeline
- Manage a large pipeline of commercial customers and build sales systems for the company
- Work independently to drive work to completion, while keeping the team informed on various workstreams
- Report to the CEO and eventually VP of Sales
- 80k Base Salary, plus bonus based on 1% of sales
- Annual Performance-Based Bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave, and Family Leave
- Hybrid Work Schedule