**About Rocket Lab
**Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
As part of the fabrication and machining department, the machining team runs a range of manual and CNC mills and lathes to support Rocket Lab production and R&D activities. CNC operators receive NC files and set up
instructions from the programmers and are responsible for executing files supplied by the programmer.
As a Technician, you will be hands on, working with tools, equipment and/or facilities to build, launch or test Rocket Lab launch vehicles or components. Your responsibilities contribute to the overall production and launch schedule.
• Trade qualified in relevant industry
• Must be able to demonstrate 4+ years of relevant industry experience
• Proven experience with the operation of CNC machining equipment
• Experience with Fanuc and/or Siemens control
• Demonstrable knowledge in GD&T and measurement instruments
• Comfortable working to exacting standards
• Deburring and finishing operations commonplace in machine shops.
• Methodical and tidy
• Good administration and record keeping
**Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
**• The opportunity to work on innovative and ground-breaking technology
• Access to world leading experts to develop your career
• Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
• Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
• Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
• Additional parental leave entitlements
• A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
• An employee stock purchase program
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations\_laws/itar.html.
New Zealand, Auckland
Posted a month ago
Job offer closed
If you can, mention you found the job on Rocket Crew, it helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!