SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AUTOMATION & CONTROLS TECHNICIAN (STARLINK)
- Build, wire, and assist with commissioning electrical and pneumatic automated control systems
- Install and assist commissioning of new automation assets, panel builds, and drawing updates
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair existing assets
- Build control panels to NFPA79/UL508A standards
- Troubleshoot PLC and electrical control systems
- Read, interpret, and provide red line feedback with electrical and pneumatic schematics
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with electronics (including, but not limited to wiring, harnessing, assembly or test)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Occupational trade school qualification in an electrical based field
- 3+ years of experience in a controls technician role
- Strong knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), NFPA 79 & UL508A codes
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding and problem resolution
- PLC and HMI programming experience
- Electrical schematic drawing experience
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, or Powerpoint
- Meticulous attention to detail with hands-on work
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (5am), 2nd shift (3:30pm)
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.